All 4 dental implants are traditional dentures in a new avatar. Traditional dentures were introduced as teeth replacement but could never gain popularity as an effective solution. All on-4 dental implants, also known as same-day implants, look and function like natural teeth.
Are All on 4 Implants a Good Option?
Traditional dental implants demand the positioning of 6 implants on every arch. If you decide to neglect their severely decaying or missing teeth, you usually feel pain, lack of confidence, and compromised oral and physical health.
All 4 dental implants are the best choice due to their full jaw support and optimal functionality. This same-day implant procedure requires only 4 implants bearing a full set of dental restorations.
How Many Teeth Are in All on 4?
All 4 implants are crafted to replace all your teeth besides the third molars. So, they usually contain 14 teeth. Each set is made of 4 incisors, 2 canines, 4 premolars and 4 molars.
All on 4 Dental Implants Step by Step
The procedure of all 4 implants is not as complex as you might think. It is made of the following stages:
- Examination and Planning
For a proper inspection, your dentist will study your mouth. They can take help from dental X-rays and CT scans to assess your jawbone. They will also consider your medical history, ongoing medications, or similar health issues.
- Tooth Extraction
After a thorough evaluation, they will extract leftover teeth that require replacement. Any healthy teeth left inside will be pulled out if they block the implants.
- Implant Positioning
Before placing the implants, you will be given sedation. Your dentist will make small cuts in your gums to install the implant screws in your jawbone. It can also require a bone graft. Temporary dentures will be placed on your gums while the implant spots recover.
- Placement and Follow-up
Abutments will be placed on the implant sites, and a fresh set of tailored teeth will be attached. This is the final step of the procedure, and you can leave the dental office with a new and confident smile.
Benefits of All on 4 Dental Implants
- Same-day dental implants take place in just one visit to the dentist. You might need follow-up visits afterward. However, your smile can be restored in a day.
- These implants resemble and function like natural teeth.
- Luckily, most of the time, a bone graft procedure is not required, saving you time and effort.
- Unlike traditional dentures, there’s no possibility of coming loose and causing embarrassment. Same-day implants are a permanent solution meant to last a lifetime.
- They increase the aesthetics of your face naturally. Although they are prosthetics, you can barely tell them apart.
- If you have an uneven bite due to missing teeth, the jawbone in that spot can melt away with time. This can alter the shape of your face.
- You can devour your favorite meals like before. No restrictions due to improper bite. All 4 dental implants provide the same force as your natural teeth to bite and chew food.
Same-day dental implants have about a 98% success rate. This leaves no reason for you to put off your consultation with Dr. Thomas at Dynamic Dental Solutions.
Our doctor has received advanced training in emergency care, anesthesiology, pain control, and oral and maxillofacial surgery. Dial (281) 837-9090 to book a consultation.