Tooth Extraction in Baytown, TX
Reasons for Tooth Extraction
There can be several reasons for tooth extraction and following are some of them:
- A decayed or damaged tooth may become a cause of worry for the person. The dentist may fix it by putting a filling or a crown. But when it becomes difficult to repair a damaged tooth, the dentist prefers to extract it.
- Before a dentist performs the teeth straightening procedure, he/she ensures that the mouth is not crowded. In cases of crowded mouth, the dentist removes the teeth that create hindrance in the straightening process.
- Due to poor hygiene or some other reason, an infection may form in the tooth when bacteria reach the pulp. If a root canal therapy is not able to clear the infection, the last option is tooth extraction.
Tooth Extraction Procedure at Baytown, TX 77520
The tooth extraction procedure at Dynamic Dental Solutions is simple and safe. A dentist or oral surgeon gives local anesthesia that numbs the area. This makes the tooth extraction process painless for the patient. Our dentist then cuts the gums and bone tissues covering the tooth to pull the tooth out. If the tooth is not impacted, it becomes difficult to extract it in one piece.
After a tooth is pulled out, blood clot forms in the socket for which the dentist suggests the patient bite a gauze pad to stop bleeding. If the cut is severe, the dentist places a few self-dissolving stitches. This helps to close the gum edges. If the clot gets removed from the socket, our dentist places a dressing so that the bone in the socket does not get exposed.
Tooth Extraction Aftercare
Taking care of your dental hygiene is extremely crucial for the recovery, which may take a few days. Furthermore, the following care will help to speed up the recovery:
- Use an ice bag immediately after the procedure to keep the swelling down.
- Avoid spitting forcefully for 24 hours.
- Eat soft food
- Avoid smoking
- Keep your head elevated while sleeping
- Avoid drinking with a straw
Calling a Dentist
In most cases, a tooth extraction procedure will go smoothly, without any difficulty. However, if you feel severe pain hours after the procedure and bleeding does not stop, then it might be a sign that you need help. Our dentists at Baytown, Tx 77520 are experts at handling any situation and would provide immediate care and treatment. You should also consult your dentist in case of the following:
- Infection in the extraction area
- Fever and chills
- Redness and swelling in the affected area
- Cough, chest pain, or shortness of breath
The recovery process may take time, and during that phase, a gap in the teeth may cause the surrounding teeth to shift from their place. A missing tooth may also have an impact on your bite. Our dentist will suggest placing an implant, bridge, or denture to fill the gap. Therefore, if you are looking for an expert dentist near you who can extract your teeth with perfection and cover the missing area with an appropriate option, then visit our office at Cedar Bayou Road, Baytown, Tx.