Having missing teeth is the worst — if only you had an artificial tooth that you could just clip in and be done with! With snap-in dentures, that is exactly what you are getting. They are removable dentures with a sleek design that resembles the appearance of your natural teeth. Also known as implant dentures, they are super convenient. But how much do snap-in dentures cost?
In this post, you will learn all about implant dentures, including their cost. Continue reading to enlighten yourself!
What are Snap-In Dentures?
You can consider snap-in dentures as an alternative treatment for missing teeth. Oftentimes, injuries and disease can cause us to lose all of our teeth. The oral surgeon will place dental implants in your jaw bone, which helps hold the snap-in dentures in place due to their stable and versatile design. Generally, two to four implants are attached in each jaw., but you may need more depending on your needs. An implant-supported denture is set in place after the implants are inserted, which may be removable or fixed in place depending on how they are created.
Pros & Cons of Implant-Supported Dentures
Although they sound ideal, snap-in dentures have their share of pros and cons. You can know if they’re suitable for you by learning their features.
Here are some benefits of snap-in dentures to keep in mind:
- Stability: Since snap-in dentures are designed to be fixed to the jawbone, they do not move or slip out when you are eating and talking.
- Convenience in Chewing: Traditional dentures might make it challenging to eat foods that are hard or sticky, but that is not a problem with snap-in dentures.
- Comfortable: Snap-in dentures have a suitable fit with less friction on the gums, making them comfortable. This way, you will not experience any soreness or discomfort.
- Appearance: compared to traditional dentures, snap-in dentures do look more like natural teeth. Hence, you don’t have to compromise on appearance with implant dentures.
- Reduced Bone Loss: Implant dentures support the jaw, preventing dental bone loss. This helps keep your jaw in shape and maintain its strength.
While the benefits of snap-in dentures are many, here are some cons you should keep in mind:
- Surgical Procedure: You will have to undergo a long surgical procedure in order for the implants to be placed in the jawbone.
- Cost: Snap-in dentures might be more expensive than traditional dentures, but they are worth the money.
- Bone Grafts: A patient might require bone graft surgery if the tooth or gum decay is severe. The bone graft will help strengthen the jaw so that the implants can be placed. This might mean a longer recovery period and costs.
- Wear & Tear: Snap-in dentures break down over time, with the attachments becoming loose. You can opt for tightening the attachments, but keep these factors in mind.
Cost of Snap-In Dentures
You might be wondering how much snap-in dentures cost. To answer, implant-supported dentures usually cost somewhere between $5,000 to $25,000 for the entire mouth. However, a few factors might affect the price.
In short, snap-in dentures are a modern and convenient solution to tooth loss. While they are more expensive compared to traditional dentures, snap-in dentures sure are worth the investment. You can discuss your denture options with our team at Dynamic Dental Solutions by visiting us at 1410 Cedar Bayou Rd, Baytown, TX 77520, or booking an appointment at (281) 837-9090.