Veneers are one of the most popular choice for enhancing your smile and covering whatever flaws your teeth have. Are your teeth slightly gapped? No problemo! Stubborn stains that will not go away? No one would be able to tell they were even there. Minor chips? Misshapen tooth? No evidence will be left of the issue once the veneers are in place. But with advantages, a few drawbacks are present as well. So, are veneers really worth it? You can decide for yourself after getting familiar with the pros and cons of veneers in this blog.
Pros & Cons Of Veneers: All You Need To Know
Veneers can really help boost your self-confidence and considerably improve your smile. However, there are a few cons if you choose to opt for this treatment. Below, we will list all the pros and cons of veneers so you can make an informed decision:
Pros of Veneers
The benefits of getting teeth veneers are many, including:
- Appearance: When you get veneers, you can rest assured that they will match the appearance of your teeth. Since porcelain resembles the appearance of teeth enamel, porcelain veneers appear natural as well as realistic.
- Resists Stains: Thanks to the glass-like surface of porcelain, which is ceramic, they are pretty much stain resistant. So whether you have coffee, wine, or a cigarette, veneers will not stain quickly. However, for your own oral well-being, it is best to avoid food-staining foods and beverages.
- Durability: You can expect your porcelain veneers to stay with you for a long while— almost up to 15 years! In comparison, composite veneers last around 7 years.
- Color Options: You can choose a lighter color option to transform the discolored surface of your tooth is a white one. Or, you can choose the shade closest to the natural color of your teeth.
- Confidence Boost: With veneers, you can expect a confidence boost since your teeth will look shiny and white. This way, you can have the smile you have always dreamt of.
- Easy to Shape: Dental veneers offer convenience when it comes to shaping, but ultra-thin veneers require no shaping of the teeth.
Cons of Veneers
There are a few drawbacks of the sought-after veneers, and while they offer you the ideal Hollywood smile, there are certain drawbacks too. So, if you are considering veneers, keep the following in mind:
- Artificiality: If you are someone who wants a natural solution to their problem, you may not be very fond of dental veneers. This is because veneers are artificial, although they have a natural appearance.
- High Cost: Veneers are among the most expensive option, especially if you opt for porcelain veneers. While the benefits are worth the price, the price will increase if you’re looking for more than one veneer.
- Prone to Damage: Porcelain veneers are undoubtedly tough, but they can still chip or break. Hence, exposure to extensive cracks or breaks can result in damaged veneers. And repairing or replacing veneers would cost a lot.
- Permanence: When you get veneers, sometimes, your teeth will need to be shaved. Therefore, there is no going back once you get dental veneers.
Are Veneers Worth It?
It depends on your specific case, but veneers have many benefits to offer. If you can invest in veneers and do not mind the permanence or other factors, veneers are definitely worth it. Consult your dental specialist to see if you are the right candidate.
To wrap it up, veneers enhance your smile and cover whatever flaws might be present. However, they cost more than most cosmetic dentistry options. You can talk to our team at Dynamic Dental Solutions to know if veneers are the right choice for you. Dial (281) 837-9090 now and make an appointment or visit us at 1410 Cedar Bayou Rd, Baytown, TX 77520.