Going to the dentist can be a daunting task for adults, much less children. The drills, noises and lights are intimidating and can cause children to not cooperate as much as they could. That’s why it’s important to take your children to a pediatric dentist. A pediatric dentist has extra schooling and is also trained in behavioral issues that a regular dentist may not be as adept at handling.
In addition to their management of behavior, pediatric dentists’ special training puts them in the unique position of being able to detect and deter some dental issues that might otherwise be overlooked.
We all know that kids are developing at different rates and pick up habits that may not be the best for them. Your pediatric dentist should be able to spot the common issues associated with children.
- Tooth Decay: caused by bacteria. If they are eating sweets or other foods that destroy enamel, it’s important for your pediatric dentist to monitor their tooth health and act before too much damage occurs.
- Gum Disease: inflammation of gum tissue. This can lead to bone damage and tooth loss. The good news is that is reversable if your pediatric dentist catches it.
- Thumb Sucking: causes misalignment of permanent teeth. Your pediatric dentist can work with you and your child on solutions based on their training and experience.
- Bad Breath: caused by poor dental hygiene but can be an indication of a medical issue.
- Stubborn Baby Teeth: if they don’t fall out and the permanent “adult” tooth is coming in, it could indicate your child has some impaction below the gums or a jaw abnormality.
- Teeth Grinding: another one that could indicate a jaw abnormality that can damage teeth and cause pain.
Best of the Best
You want the best care for your child and the best of the best is Dynamic Dental Solutions. Our doctors take pride in our dedication to helping our smallest patients with oral health comfortably and professionally. Pediatric experience makes all the difference when trying to evaluate a child and find the best routine. Let us take the worry out of it for you. Call us at 281-837-9090 or come check us out at 1410 Cedar Bayou Road in Baytown, Texas.